Tuesday, August 31, 2010

My Take On Designing


It is funny I must say I usually never write but when I decided to write this blog, ideas and thoughts have been flooding in my mind. I constantly keep thinking of something and write it down on a piece of paper or a book and at times on my hand when there is no source. While trying to make this blog meaningful and helpful to you, I realised how much I have learned in the bargain. So yet again, I am going to do the same in this article.

The most common question I face is, "Now there are tutorials available to help you create your own website why should we come to you?" And my only answer to that is, everyone can click pictures but for a wedding you need a professional photographer. It is the matter of educating people who are not aware of the strength and impact of art & design. Social Media Marketing is going to take a while to create its niche in India.

I am surrounded by design all day long. I am asked by my designers all the time to comment on what they make. As simple as it sounds, it is not that simple. I agree what they do is much more commendable than my comment but in order to give a meaningful comment and in order to let it make a difference I need to analyse certain aspects of the design. First and foremost I study the requirements then I visualize it in my mind using the examples provided and it needs a lot of wiring in the brain to build the connections and think of what will be the most appropriate solution to it. Even a simple comment can make a difference then I do not need to say how much a design can.

It is also important to be aware of what you are putting on your website. There have to be functional links available, good navigation, proper distribution of space, not too many ads, clear ,balanced and balanced sized fonts, making it search engine friendly. So all of it matters at some point, you will simply lose your traffic by not having one of them.

Well I think that is too much gyaan for now I shall save some of it for my next article.



7 comments: